The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Sunday January 20, 2019 at 15:03
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On December 23, 2018 at 23:45, Ernie Gilman said...

Yeah, about that... An hour ago I made a stupid typo and my Chrome was suddenly in Incognito Mode. So I entered "get out of Incognito Mode" in the URL line. I got instructions. I was told to click on something at the top right (forget exactly what) of the Chrome App and drag it to the left. Okay, fine. I've got the Chrome Browser open. Is that the Chrome App? I google "icon for Chrome App" and get no helpful answers. I try dragging the thing at the upper right. Nothing happens. THIS is how I get to asking for directions: I find directions for processes that send me to do things at places that don't exist, and sometimes, just mucking about, I find the answer. But rarely.

I was able to exit Incognito Mode by closing the Browser. They didn't mention that and it's probably not what I wanted to do anyway.

If you want to go to Incongito Mode, click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen- the third option (below New Tab and New Window) is New Incognito Window and while it can be opened using keystrokes, it's probably better to just remember where you can go for this, rather than try to remember everything.

"When in Cognito, act like a Cognitian".
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse