The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 43 made on Sunday January 20, 2019 at 13:09
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On January 19, 2019 at 14:54, Ernie Gilman said...
In the commercial work I do, everyone recognizes that the GC has no idea what I'm doing. There's no way he knows enough about it to tell me when to do different things, and he doesn't know what needs to be done. So I'm hired by the client separately from all the other trades. My interaction with the GC is to work with his schedule and do things in a way that doesn't delay the project. The GC does not earn any money in this situation because he's not doing anything except be open about his schedule... which he has to do anyway.

The bold part is what I'm dealing with at a home where I'm working- the guy doing the carpentry/cabinet install decided to say that he thinks the cable will be visible over the TV in the kitchen, so it should come up inside of the dead space at the corner. That means the new Granite counter will need a hole and some kind of grommet, at the corner, where there's almost no material between the corner and the edge. I want to bring the HDMI cable down from the upper cabinet to the TV and bundle it with the power cord because the power cord will be visible, but the HDMI is much thinner and I was planning to use vinyl dye to make both white. I told him that the hole would need to be slightly larger than the HDMI plug and he said he thought I would be using coax, then he said "Oh, I didn't know you were using that kind of cord".

I almost came back with "But that didn't stop you from opening your yap, did it?".

The TV is 1.5" short of the bottom of the upper cabinet- if the TV is behind the corner where the cabinets meet, the only way it will be visible is if the person's line of sight is 49" +/- about 2". Any higher or lower and it can't possibly be seen.

Putz.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse