The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Friday January 18, 2019 at 07:56
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On January 16, 2019 at 13:52, Ernie Gilman said...
I would not have been called by the client because the client was just moving into town and didn't know anyone here. As far as I know, the GC and Interior Decorator were brought on by her, too.

That's the kind of situation where the person (GC, usually) who brings in a sub charges their percentage. The Interior Detonator didn't have to call you- she could have called anyone else.

I would not be happy to do this as it will introduce a delay in payment. It's an intriguing idea, though.

Define the payment schedule at the outset- that way, any delays can be subject to a penalty.

A major thing that she has overlooked is that she really doesn't want paperwork on all this, but if I'm going to pay her something, I'll be demanding an invoice from her for every payment. I'll also be requiring that the client knows about this.

Boo hoo. If she wants to be in charge of who does what, she needs to be willing to do some paperwork. If you state that you want payment within ten days of the invoice being received, the 'recipient' should be determined beforehand.

That brings up another can of worms: does the client know that she's doing this with other people she has "brought on board"? As a moral issue, do I have a responsibility to tell the client? To rephrase slightly, when you see a client perhaps being cheated, do you tell the client?

Depends- if you speak with the homeowner and discuss things having to do with that project, you could slip comments in about other projects where charges were added- if they aren't in favor of it, it's up to you to determine whether their relationship with the detonator is important to the homeowner, not. If they really like the detonator, the charges may be reversed but if the detonator is a vindictive bitch, they may go after you for lost business.

You might want to discuss this with the desecrator, to find out if the charges were approved by the homeowner. It's a common thing for a GC to do and she's not one of those, although 10% seems high- I don't know if it's typical in CA.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse