Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Wednesday January 16, 2019 at 16:51
punter16
May 2011
On January 16, 2019 at 14:55, Nick-ISI said...
Ernie,

if if she has brought you business you would not normally have got then I don’t see why it is out of the question to pay a “finders” or “referral” fee. Since a recommendation is better than an open tender this scenario is often more cost effective to service than paying for speculative advertising. The only fly in the ointment is assigning a value. Clearly 10% of the project value is way out of kilter as this represents a much higher percentage of your profit.

Here in UK we are often asked to provide a “main contractors discount” and/ or accommodate a 12 month retention value on the invoice. TBH in these cases I often just add these amounts to the quote value and look at them as a cost of doing businesss that the client needs to pay for.

MCD is often around the 5% mark.

Effectively in this case she is basically working for you as a commission only sales person. I see no problem with that. You just need to negotiate a mutually workable rate.

This ^^^

If you can get a lot of business out of it, these can be good relationships. However, pay a percentage of profit instead of a flat percentage and let her know ASAP that you will be 1099ing her.

She doesn't get to see paperwork/invoices. The percentage of profit is what you say it is.
See our Youtube page for info about smart homes, great audio and more.

[Link: youtube.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse