The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday January 14, 2019 at 19:14
jag_man653
Long Time Member
January 2005
My 722 suffered a HD failure so Dish sent me another one. Naturally, I had to set up the 21.1 remote. I couldn't make it work, so had the Dish tech drop by. He got it working with the 21.1, but after he left I discovered my MX 900 couldn't control the 722.

If this sounds familiar, it might be because the same thing happened several years ago. See the story unfold in this thread:

[Link: remotecentral.com]

I did get it working then, but I don't remember exactly how. So here I am again with questions.

First, let me say that I have only one TV at the same location as the Dish 722. I have only one 21.1 remote with the reversible number tab flipped to the "1" side. Also, the slide switch on the remote is set to UFH. As I understand the hookup, both TV1 and TV2 are set to display on the same TV, allowing 2 different programs to be recorded simultaneously.

The System info screen shows TV1 = 2 and TV2 = 1, apparently the handiwork of the Dish tech. I've read in this forum it should probably be the reverse because TV1= 1 is normally the dish default, and is what the MX 900 expects.

My problem is I don't know how to switch them. I've followed several procedures found at Dish support and elsewhere without success. What blocked my progress is when I attempt to change TV1 to 1 it rejects it because 1 is in use for TV2. So I think I need to first change TV2 to 9 or something, then change TV1 to 1, and then TV2 to 2. But, I can't figure out how to do the latter. A Dish chat tech told me I could only change TV2 with a "2 remote," which I don't have.

There you have it. Any ideas?

Ed
Ed S

Hosting Services by ipHouse