The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Sunday January 13, 2019 at 15:09
Barry Gordon
Founding Member
August 2001
For LowPro and others who love their Pronto's because of Prontoscript (Javascript):

I still use my Prontos to control TV's in my home and the UI for my Home Theater is a Pronto 9800 driving a PC instead of extenders. I have never used the Philips extenders but rather Global Cache IP2IR devices.

For the Automation in my home, I use iPads/iPhone running the Command Fusion system of guiDesigner and iViewer. guiDesigner is analogous to PEP2 and iViewer is the run time system for IOS, and there is one for Android (Beta). guiDesigner runs on a PC (almost any version of windows) building the file that is loaded into the iPad and interpreted by iViewer. As with the Prontos, there is a full system for dealing with the product not using Javascript, but the product is tightly coupled to a Javascript engine. I do all my work in Javascript for the iPads and use a Raspberry Pi programmed in Node.js as my home's central controller. The RPi handles such things as CallerID and voice synthesis (TTS). If I need true IR I just use a Global Cache IP2IR device.
The transition from Prontoscript and graphics on the Pronto to Javascript and graphics on the iPad with Command Fusion was not that bad, in fact, it was fun!

Hosting Services by ipHouse