The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Wednesday January 9, 2019 at 14:11
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
AT&T seems to attract and hire upper management that are somehow able to create working and dealing atmospheres that offend even the nicest people. Witness my gf, who worked phones in the commercial section. They had rules like "you can't hang up on a customer" and "you cannot leave late for your break." Rules like "if you put a customer on hold, you must go back on the phone every two minutes to assure them they haven't been dropped" along with "no, you can't call someone to get that answer, you have to go to _______ who is a 90 second walk from your desk." Oh, yeah, in addition to "you can't hang up on a customer," "you cannot clock out late."

Why any company would encourage policies that will alienate both staff and customers is way way beyond me. And I've been reading "malicious compliance" at reddit. I still don't believe it!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse