The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday January 8, 2019 at 11:44
james_aa
Long Time Member
January 2018
On January 8, 2019 at 11:36, Hasbeen said...
I'm not a Harmony expert by any stretch of the imagination, but my question to you is how could Harmony shuttering some services cause an installed system from not working?

I'd say your problem is somewhere else...Maybe the remote is just bad?  It's 3 years old.

Sorry i should clarify, i dont think that Harmony shuttering services is the issues, as from what i can read online they have been shuttering services in the last couple of months, where as from what ive been told the system hasn't worked for a while eg, more than a few months.

Last time i was there they remotes had been swapped between the rooms and as they work on bluetooth to the base they had stopped working. Easy fix.

My concern was more to do with the programming software and the underling firmware.

From what i can remember Harmony is odd in that it is not 100% a local network device it seems to talk back to external servers for even when you are using the app and on the same LAN as the hub.

The programming is done through a flash / java interface which i believe is also cloud based eg. you are not pushing your changes across the LAN. Hence the shuttered services may stop me from fixing the issues.

Hosting Services by ipHouse