The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday January 5, 2019 at 21:44
gerard143
Advanced Member
May 2012
So I drove the transits, the promaster and the sprinter. Being a Ram guy i figured i'd wind up going the promaster route but honestly overall I was leaning toward the Ford. The ecoboost motor impressed me and the fact it actually has a tilt steering wheel unlike the promaster was a plus, lol. The sprinter was a dog and I don't really care for the dash in it (2019) although the 10" touchscreen option appeals to me.

So I was really thinking the ford was where I'd wind up giving my business to. Then I saw the changes they brought in 2019 overseas to the transits and it really sold me on it. So I am crossing my fingers for 2020 the US market sees those changes.

Anyways obviously lengths and roof heights are important. What I do like about the promaster is the boxy cargo area. It makes for great space. The long wheelbase extended body promaster I felt was the absolute perfect interior height and length (this is the only thing I liked over the Ford) but overall I just don't want that truck. The Ford's medium roof I feel is a tad too low. The high roof is a tad too high. The long wheelbase regular length body is a tad too short and the extended model is really long. But overall I like the Transits the best and its the way I want to go.

I decided no questions asked the high roof for sure. I just felt it a bit cramped with the mid height roof. But I am torn whether to just go with the extended long wheelbase body or just the long wheelbase body. So I wanted to come here and ask opinions.

I want to load the truck up with pretty much everything I could ever need for installs plus carry inventory in the Van...spools of wire, organized drawers with ethernet connectors, coax connectors, HDMI cables, ethernet cables and on and on. The center I want to keep clutter free and open for things like TV's, racks, etc. I plan to go with Sortimo for the upfit. Sortimo as well for the partition, a sliding door with window version. It says that takes up 9" of cab space.

So I wonder if I should just go with the Extended body and have room for everything no questions asked or go with the regular long wheelbase version and make it work.

I drove both and honestly I don't see the Extended one being to annoyingly long to drive around in or maneuver, but I wanted opinions from those of you who have gone this route and can speak from more experience then I can. I worry the extended one could perhaps be overkill and a pain driving around in on and off job sites plus be a dog even with the eco boost and just horrible on gas.

Thanks!

Hosting Services by ipHouse