Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday January 5, 2019 at 13:02
pke
Lurking Member
January 2019
Hello all,

I ran into this site via search - it seems that Sceptre uses some Sony 12 protocol but there seems to be gaps in codes for selecting inputs directly - I'm looking for TV/HDMI1-4

I would have thought this manufacturer would be a bit more common and this information out there. I reached out to Sceptre and they verified that the protocol is based on Sony but would not elaborate further, nor would they offer the codes. I suspect I would need them in hex/pronto code format

This TV is surprisingly nice for what it cost but of all the TV's I've purchased over the years, I've never had to deal with such a brain dead remote and lack of ability to directly switch inputs which makes it difficult to automate functions. Considering the price I'm also surprised that I have not seen more requests for this?!

Appreciate any assistance/direction. If needed, I can dig in - I may not have the required electronics but if they are not too difficult to build I can put a rig together to test. I'm sure it could benefit others...

Thanks!

Hopefully

Hosting Services by ipHouse