The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Saturday January 5, 2019 at 10:15
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On January 4, 2019 at 22:25, piker said...
Hi,

I'm new to working with relay outputs and am looking for some assistance.

What I have is a URC MRX8 in my personal system. I have a remote for my remote starter in my car that I have soldered leads onto the start button contacts. When I touch the leads together it triggers the start button and my car starts.

What I want to do is wire these leads to the relay output on the MRX8 and program the output to start my car. The main reason I want to do this is to program it so I can use my Google assistant to start my car.

The problem I have is that having never worked with the relay output before I'm not sure how to wire it or how to program it. I can do everything else and am very proficient with accelerator I'm just not sure about the relay portion.

If anyone could offer any guidance I'd sure appreciate it!

Also I am an authorized dealer and could go through URC tech support but I thought this might be a better spot for this particular question.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help!

One major thing that makes this different from a regular remote start is that it receives no tach info and that means it could still crank when the engine is already running.

Make sure you use a Bosch-style 30A relay for the actual connection to the starter wires and that you connect to the Crank wire for your car. If the relay duration isn't variable, I would consider using a normal remote start. There's a difference between crank RPM and Run RPM and the brains need to know when it's doing one or the other.

Viper has one that is controlled via iPhone or Android, for $200 and it allows tracking of the vehicle.

[Link: viper.com]

I installed keyless entry in my Astro and it reminded me why I'm so happy that I no longer do that kind of work. It also reminded me why I had a bad back for 20 years.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse