The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday January 3, 2019 at 10:50
Impaqt
RC Moderator
October 2002
On January 2, 2019 at 14:11, STTtech said...
These are all great ideas, using the sound-bar's speaker outputs and sending them into the sub's speaker level inputs is an approach I did not even consider.
I believe I'm experienced enough to pull this off. Problem is the client would be there watching the entire time and most likely we will have to drill a hole in the sound bar to run the speaker outs... My other concern is how bad will this impact the sound of the sound bar, its already sub-par for such an expensive TV --we can't know until the damage is done.
I used to do this all the time in car audio in the 90's when I was an installer. I do recall being able to hear the degradation of audio--I have to think by now it's better.

Here is the sub we used:
[Link: sunfire.com]

This is not bad either, I think I can just use Snap AV's replica of this amp EA-MINI-3D-35
[Link: russound.com]

Like most subs, the input impedance on the speaker level input on that is 5600 ohms. so the amp and soundbar speakers wouldnt notice the subwoofer at all. There would be no perceivable difference in sound quality or volume.

Hosting Services by ipHouse