Original thread:
Post 45 made on Monday December 31, 2018 at 16:32
imt
Long Time Member
June 2007
Happy New Year everyone.

I did some more testing today.

Test1:
I took the same Sonance VP86R's and I reversed the left channel's wiring. Not horrible but little worse as expected.

Test 2:
Reversed both speakers and same deal.

Test3:
Hooked up the Amp to my 2ea single stereo Snap AV Speakers I have in the Kitchen and table area. Those are connected via 16ga and a 4ohm load to the AMP. When I first turned it on it sounded like crap. Muffled and voices really low. I was like UGH. Went down to check the wiring and then realized i reversed the left/right (green/white). After that fix everything sounded great and very loud and with some adjustments in the EQ, rating the bass level all the way up I got decent bass out of them.

Reversing a pair on a single stereo speaker is very obvious audio wise but on a regular speaker the sound might be a little off but not the same impact. Neither affected overall volume level. Only really volume level of the tweeters on the stereo speaker.

So.... My conclusions match Paul's. The new AMP is an improvement over the connect:amp. Now, I will say that based on my initial test on post 35, that there was issues with the audio quality and changing EQ, when I choose stereo speakers initially. As I stated in the previous post, that when I had factory reset and then picked Stereo speakers again everything was fine and normal and I was able to hear the bass/treble adjust in the EQ settings. But... Volume level was never as issue.

Brendon's speakers, in the original post, are regular pair of in-ceiling speakers and Golden's was some Bose outdoor speaker's and a Niles outdoor speaker. Not sure if those were regular speakers or single stereo speakers. If the latter then my guess is one of the pair is reversed. Can be easy to to if you inset the wires based on the colors screened on the removable binding post and then flip over and insert. Or, just miswired. If they are not stereo speakers, as in Brendon's case, either those AMP's are defective or... the software originally installed is somewhat and probably a factory reset might solve the issues, like it did for my issues. Please report back.

Hosting Services by ipHouse