The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 34 made on Thursday December 27, 2018 at 13:59
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On December 27, 2018 at 12:40, goldenzrule said...
Wow, cause the two are related, how? I happen to use this username on just about any forum. You think that you using your real name and my use of a screen name makes me a hypocrite?

I did not say anything at all about anybody being a hypocrite for anything. I asked "What hypocrisy?" That means I haven't noticed any. Sorry you took it that way. In fact, I can't figure out how you could have taken it that way.

I think a visit to 'ole Webster's is in order for you. You, for years, have consistently posted that people NEED to put all of the info down in their posts, every model number, input, color, date of manufacturing, time of day manufactured... ad nauseum. You, for years, post questions leaving out details vital to receiving any form of real guidance. Definition, hypocrite!!!

Then I guess I'm kind of an info snob. I think I know enough to supply the information needed for a solution (and sometimes I leave stuff out, admittedly).

I used to argue for people to ask complete questions because a question like "I need a car; which one should I buy?" do not have anywhere near enough information to allow a decent answer. But I'm under the impression that I ask questions more along the line of "Do you know of any bayonet-type LED auto dome light replacement bulbs?" See, that omits the actual size of the bulb, but |"bayonet" pins it down. It also does not say 12 volts, but most of the 6 volt cars are off the road. So that question actually omits details but is complete enough to be answered.

You, for years, post questions leaving out details vital to receiving any form of real guidance.

Show me a question I've asked that leaves out details vital to receiving ANY FORM OF REAL GUIDANCE. Your exaggeration undermines your case.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse