The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Monday December 24, 2018 at 13:33
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On December 24, 2018 at 12:59, Ernie Gilman said...
Whom were you addressing? I don't see how it applies to anyone here.

I know about the URC database, but it has been about a year since I needed it. IIRC, TV remotes still had input buttons on them last time I needed to use URC to set up a system.

Consider one barbecue place on La Brea in Hollywood. They have 10 TVs. A projector shares video with one of those TVs. Video is DirecTV from a SWM system. It's a simple thing to set up a DirecTV remote to control one brand of TV plus three different DirecTV receivers via RF. The bar thus has two remotes. What's the difficult part of this system? One remote lives on the left side of the bar, the other on the right. Not complicated.

On the other side of the room the DirecTV receivers are behind the TVs. Only one remote is needed for that half of the place. You walk up to a TV to control only it. The entire wall gets turned on from across the room with one remote.

How would URC improve this? Nothing more complicated is needed.

In other systems, that is hotels and larger restaurants, we use wall controls. That's not URC.

So now we are to a year instead of “a few years”. Samsung has been using the same crap remote for multiple years now. And again, for someone that’s supposedly been in the business as long as you have, you should know the URC database is very complete and how to navigate it and program quickly. Much quicker than posting your question and waiting for an answer. Hell, every control manufacturer now has very good databases. Especially for leading brands like Samsung and Yamaha. So even those wall control systems should have enough so you are experienced with how to search a database and find the codes you need.
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse