The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Sunday December 23, 2018 at 23:45
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On December 23, 2018 at 11:37, Neurorad said...
Sometimes it takes some hunting around to figure out what you need to accomplish a task.

How anyone could not know hat's going on with a 16:9 becoming a 4:3, and work out "Intel" as the starting place for an answer... is beyond me! Thank you thank you Brad.

Most people who are 'good' with computers have a natural curiosity about what it can do. Go ahead, click on some stuff, explore.

Yeah, about that... An hour ago I made a stupid typo and my Chrome was suddenly in Incognito Mode. So I entered "get out of Incognito Mode" in the URL line. I got instructions. I was told to click on something at the top right (forget exactly what) of the Chrome App and drag it to the left. Okay, fine. I've got the Chrome Browser open. Is that the Chrome App? I google "icon for Chrome App" and get no helpful answers. I try dragging the thing at the upper right. Nothing happens. THIS is how I get to asking for directions: I find directions for processes that send me to do things at places that don't exist, and sometimes, just mucking about, I find the answer. But rarely.

I was able to exit Incognito Mode by closing the Browser. They didn't mention that and it's probably not what I wanted to do anyway.

The presentation went well. The woman who was in charge of getting it put together by a student who works part time was very pleased it came off well and she was done with doing that. But wait, there's more.... this was for a church, and she's been thanked for the addition videos she'll be shepherding to completion in the future. I told her the story of the fifty soldiers in a row when the sergeant barks "Do we have a volunteer?" and 49 soldiers take a step backwards, leaving the other one hanging out in front.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse