The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Sunday December 23, 2018 at 11:19
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
On December 22, 2018 at 19:28, imt said...
I also agree with Mac. Ideally you want the bed on a wall opposite of where you walk in. The other option is putting the bed on the other window wall. So the bed is facing the dresser. My master bedroom is similar to that layout. I had remodels the room though and replaced the one window you have in that wall with 2 smaller narrow windows I’ve removed the nightstands. I know you said it’s not to scale so not sure if you even have the ability to put the bed on that wall or how high the existing window is.

As far as lighting. Over my bed I put 2ea low voltage recessed mr-16 halogen lights with a smaller hole. The light shines straight down over the head/ upper body area. They are in dimmers as well. My headboard is metal and open so the switches are behind the headboard.

We actually had the bed facing the dresser but rearranged so we could have more space. The way the bed laid out it killed space for other storage options. Its just a horrible room for layout. If our home wasnt brick I would redo the windows in a hearbeat for a better layout.

I think I've figured out the lighting layout. We are going todo a ceiling fan in the corner similar to what was posted. Because my wife worships Joanna and fixer upper the room is going to have shiplap (yay, can you tell how excited I am?) So the fan will look appropriate for the room. However to appease my more higher end/traditional styles the room will get some nice moldings and of course the lighting. Im doing the shiplap in a way so it will be easily removable when this stupid craze goes away. Im not worried about too many switches as Ive rewired our entire house to be on panelized lighting.

Recessed lighting in a U shape (not centered to the door) But broken up into two loads for mornings so half the room comes on.
Chandelier will be its own load
Dresser Sconces
Bed Sconces
Window Candles

So a total of 6 loads.

The only thing I haven't figured out is the TV location. I think the only thing that makes sense is to have a projector/screen come out of the ceiling :P
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse