The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Sunday December 23, 2018 at 10:06
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On December 23, 2018 at 09:25, Ernie Gilman said...
Many thanks. Something new to look into.

You can say whatever you want about what kind of help I need, especially if you can answer this: since I did not know AT ALL about the Intel settings, how could I have possibly imagined to look there? Coming up with a google search description is an art, and I'm not quite the artist who would have been able to ask the right question.

I've wondered for years where "the instructions" are for so many computer things. Apparently they're nowhere and everywhere.

I'm not saying that computer adjustments are life and death issues, but if you need to do something with your computer and you have a time crunch, you sure don't want to spend time floundering around in software you never heard about, looking for an adjustment that might have an arcane name that seems unrelated to the problem at hand.

Click on the Start button at the lower left of the screen- you should see a column of options such as Users, Documents, Pictures, etc and at the bottom, it should have Help and Support. That's where you should be able to find the answers to the questions about display settings. Be literal in your search- you shouldn't need to know any secret terms or syntaxes for your queries.

I don't know if you tried this- close or minimize any open windows or pages and right-click on the screen's wallpaper- you should see a group of options, including 'Screen Resolution' and it will detect the display that's connected & its properties. If it can be matched to the video, you'll see that. If the aspect ratio is fixed, you'll see that, too.

Last edited by highfigh on December 23, 2018 12:29.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse