The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Sunday December 23, 2018 at 09:25
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Many thanks. Something new to look into.

You can say whatever you want about what kind of help I need, especially if you can answer this: since I did not know AT ALL about the Intel settings, how could I have possibly imagined to look there? Coming up with a google search description is an art, and I'm not quite the artist who would have been able to ask the right question.

I've wondered for years where "the instructions" are for so many computer things. Apparently they're nowhere and everywhere.

Unfortunately for today's adventure, we're showing that video in about three hours, and I'll have fifteen minutes on site with which to mess with things... so I'm not going to mess with it at all.

And I bought the computer used, so it's possible that someone else made this setting and I just need to clear it. We'll see.

Thanks again.

Thinking a bit more about this...

Ideally anyone else would have little trouble using the info I gave and digging around in the settings to get it resolved. But I have a feeling Ernie might need a little more hand holding, as he is more a process person. He needs to have a clear instruction set on how to accomplish what he wants.

One of my points in being on this site is offering help to anyone who comes here. To that end, I rarely PM people, instead preferring for the questions, answers, and discussions to be available to everyone. So, sure, I want instructions, so anyone can use the information.

But I detect a putdown here, since the phrase "hand-holding" was used. A full set of instructions is often a good thing. Think of learning to drive a car. Handling weapons also comes to mind. Rappeling down a mountainside and sky-diving, too. I think we'd all prefer for clear instructions to be given before a person attempts either of those things!

I'm not saying that computer adjustments are life and death issues, but if you need to do something with your computer and you have a time crunch, you sure don't want to spend time floundering around in software you never heard about, looking for an adjustment that might have an arcane name that seems unrelated to the problem at hand.

Last edited by Ernie Gilman on December 23, 2018 09:56.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse