The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday December 23, 2018 at 00:47
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
Thank you. Thank you very much.

But I would like to point out, if I was amazing, I would be able to tell Ernie exactly where to go in the Intel Graphics software and what changes to look for. I'm sure some real IT/PC guys that mess with that on a daily basis would be able to do just that for Ernie. But I don't think we have regulars on here, that are that deep into the IT/PC market.

Ideally anyone else would have little trouble using the info I gave and digging around in the settings to get it resolved. But I have a feeling Ernie might need a little more hand holding, as he is more a process person. He needs to have a clear instruction set on how to accomplish what he wants.

[edit]:
Just went and looked on one of the son's laptop (I remembered he has a computer running Intel integrated graphics). The program that should be running Ernie is 'Intel HD Graphics Control Panel'. It should be a bluish colored box in your notification tray (lower right bar). Going into this, you will see a section entitled 'Display'. Under that section: Under General settings (from the left) you will see at the top a drop down list for 'Select Display'. With nothing else connected to the computer, you will only have 'Built-in Display' available to select. With the external VGA cable connected to the matrix and running, you should have a 2nd selection on that drop down box. Selecting that, will allow you to change the properties for that connection on the settings below. Including 'Resolution', 'Refresh Rate', 'Rotation', and 'Scaling'. Once you have the top 3 settings where you want, you can play with the 'Scaling' settings to get the picture you want.

Hosting Services by ipHouse