The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday December 21, 2018 at 15:48
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
Over the next week I've been tasked with redoing our master bedroom. It is an awkward layout to say the least. I Am generally pretty good with lighting layouts but this one kind of has me stumped. By going with the rules of lighting (3 types (layers) of light) My Plan is to use downward sconces on the nightstands, regular sconces on either side of the dresser, A chandelier above the bed and recessed lighting. Technically thats four layers of lights since the sconces on either side of the dresser will be a different style from the ones above the nightstands.

First of all this drawling is not even close to scale, but gives you an idea of how our room is laid out. The red is exterior windows and the blue is the closet doors. The green bump out is the entry doors (just realized its green, should be blue) The bed is centered on that wall but not centered to the front windows (drives my OCD wild)

my plan is to remove the ceiling fan, currently centered to the windows and center the chandelier over the bed plane. A corner ceiling mounted fan will be installed in the top right corner (I cant sleep without air movement) Where I am getting tripped up is the light pattern between the bed and the dresser. there is alot of dead space there and if I center the recessed lights to the doors they will be close to the dresser.

I dont plan on putting recessed lights above the bed but did plan on putting them in a U shape around the room. Recessed lights will be 4".

Im also getting tripped up on lighting control. I cant decide if I want the recessed lights on the left hand side be separately controlled from the recessed lights in the rest of the room. Im thinking for when one of us is getting ready before the other one is awake. Maybe controlling the sconces above the dresser makes more sense. Thoughts?

Finally- The TV location has me perplexed. I cannot figure out where to stick it. I cant do a lift infront of the bed because there is not enough space to walk between the wall and end of bed (30" currently) I cant do drop down TV due to being in a ranch and my roof line is very shallow. I cant do a fold down either because I have truses and I cant chop into them to restructure the ceiling. I also cant hang it in the right top corner because the ceiling fan is going there. the Left corner is out of the question, the TV is currently there but looks stupid with our new dresser. Any clever Ideas on that? (Im married now so dont say do other activities) lol!

Thanks!
Bedroom
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse