The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday December 21, 2018 at 12:01
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On December 20, 2018 at 21:19, davidcasemore said...
Are these the same guys that made the "X-Ray Specs" advertised in magazines when I was a kid?

No, the product has a decent theoretical basis.

The Walabot has antennas inside it that detect characteristics of what's inside the wall. A HUGE factor in its performance is the quantity of such antennas. And more antennas = higher price and better performance. I believe, but cannot confirm, that the one they sent me for review in late 2016 had two antennas. Its performance was such that it seemed to be looking for a bus to throw itself under. I declined to simply go off about that, so I didn't write the review. And when I REQUIRED a studfinder, I bought a Zircon HD55, which did just what I needed.

So, no x-ray specs, nor sea monkeys, but these are the guys who, when I contacted them again early this month about the one they sent me for review, told me the one they sent me (Nov 2016) was not quite right yet... and they asked me if I would like another, current, working one to check out.

I replied YES. That was December 6. There was no reply to that email, nor any other communication since then.

I never wrote the evaluation for the earlier unit because it was obviously flawed. They and I dropped followup on it way back then. So I'd say their customer service has to be proven better than their publicity department!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse