The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Friday December 21, 2018 at 09:09
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On December 21, 2018 at 01:59, Ernie Gilman said...
At least on Windows 10, my computer was able to auto-detect and install the necessary drivers for both the turntable and DAC.

The turntable itself feels like a premium product; It’s heavy, well-detailed, and operates with virtually no platter noise or distortion.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard platter noise, I would be broke.

The turntable’s Ortofon OM10 pickup combined with a RecordDoctor clamp made it so I experienced no popping, scratching, or haziness, something I was accustomed to in the setups my friends and family own.

So, a record clamp eliminates popping, scratches and haziness, eh? Is that right?

All of the signature feel and sound of vinyl is ever-present, with a few select records like Porcupine Tree’sFear of a Blank Planet and Opeth’s Damnation sounding particularly vivid and full of warmth.

Read Next: RecordDoctor Clamp Is Simple, Effective Turntable Accessory
While the digitalization function was not a feature I found myself using often, I love the flexibility that it provides. I ended up digitalizing my friend’s old, beloved copy of Cream’s Live Cream album for him and my rare copy of The Mountain Goats Beautiful Rat Sunset. After a few tweaks with the software, I found the digitalizing process intuitive and stress-free.

An old copy of Live Cream may not be usable, given the average quality of the turntables used in the '60s.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse