Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Tuesday December 18, 2018 at 02:59
davidcasemore
January 2003
I am really confused - can one of you help me?

This turntable comes in many flavors (with different outputs). The one in the review (RecordMaster) has an RCA Line Output (L & R) and a selector switch where you can choose between a Phono Output (to plug into a Phono Pre-amp or AVR with a Phono input) or a Line Output which uses a phono pre-amp built into the turntable. This model also sports a USB output indicating (to me at least) that this model of turntable has a built-in DAC.

The DAC in the review has a RCA Analog OUTPUT as well as USB and SP/DIF Coax and Toslink INPUTS.

In the review he states that he used a USB-to-RCA cable to connect the turntable to the DAC. Did he connect the USB end of the cable to the USB OUTPUT of the turntable? That would mean he plugged the RCA end into the DACs OUTPUT. How would that work?

Or did he plug the RCA end into the turntable's OUTPUT and plugged the USB end into the DACs INPUT? He couldn't have because he says he connected the USB INPUT on the DAC to his PC.

My head hurts.

In my mind the DAC in his review can be used to play audio files on his PC being output on the PCs USB port with the RCA jacks on the DAC going into an AVR. Or it could take a SP/DIF output from a CD player or any other source with a digital output and convert it to analog out of the RCA jacks.

I just can't see how he's going from Turntable to DAC to PC. What am I missing?
Fins: Still Slamming' His Trunk on pilgrim's Small Weenie - One Trunk at a Time!

Hosting Services by ipHouse