The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Monday December 17, 2018 at 21:23
buzz
May 2003
ptgerald,

Of course, it would be best if you could consult with the original installer.

Your symptoms indicate that the Bedroom is not communicating. When you drag a slider, it will move, then wait for a response. If there is no response, the slider will return to the original position.

Duplicate IP addresses can cause transient, vexing issues.

You somehow figured out the IP addresses of the RTI units in the main rack. Likely, the RTI units are using fixed IP addresses. If the router has been replaced, it is probably using its default DHCP range and it is very possible that the DHCP range could overlap the fixed RTI addresses. In my systems, I’ll usually start the DHCP range at .40 and place my fixed IP addresses below 40. Assuming, that the installer has a similar strategy and that the RTI devices reside in a close cluster of addresses, start with the IP addresses of RTI devices that are working and carve out a block of addresses in that range.

It would not be wrong to reboot everything on the network after you change the DHCP range.

After the reboot, “Reserve” IP addresses for every known device, making sure that the RTI addresses are unique. Some installers will simply reserve RTI addresses and allow them to be within the DHCP range. This is not my style.

When in diagnostic mode, never assume that the problem must be [...] or cannot be [ ... ]. Be sure to consider bad cables and bad hardware.

Hosting Services by ipHouse