Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday December 17, 2018 at 00:24
ptgerald
Lurking Member
December 2018
Hi Vincent,

I'm hoping you can help me too.

I have an Rti system I am having problems with after my most recent renter "played with" the rack leaving none of my whole house 8 zones playing music.

Fortunately, I was able to straighten out a bunch of wires and patch them back correctly and as a result got the 4 zones attached to the main rack working properly.

The four rooms connected to the living room ad-4x in our main rack with the Sonos module, all are working properly in Rti panel and music can be heard an adjusted as intended. I can also see the Living room xp3 and ad-4x on my network and access them via they're ip addresses via a browser.

The for rooms attached to the Bedroom ad-4x and xp3 do not get any music. When any of of these rooms volume controls are slid up, a second later goes back to the off (-75) position. In addition If I try to select sonos or airplay, the icon flashes but the input is remains as "unknown" and a red 0 (zero) is above the channel slider (the channels that work on the living ad-4x have a green "on" in this position.
I cannot see the ad-4x and xp3 on my network. There is one ip address I can't access that I'm trying to determine if it is possibly the xp3 or ad-4x.

It seems like a communication problem and our installer has been "putting us on the schedule" for over a month and now has gone dark after I asked him to email me our configuration files.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

SO THANK YOU in advance.

Equipment:

Living room (main rack)
Denon receiver
Rti ad-4x
Rti xp-3
Rti T2i remote
Sonos
AppleTv

Bedroom
Rti ad-4x
Rtis xp-3