The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday December 15, 2018 at 10:32
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
The new Spectrum boxes were called 'crappy' by more than one installer in the last week and that means we're stuck until they can yank their heads out of their butts. They're not using the boxes that worked when TW was still around and I have seen more BS since the takeover it's making my head swim. I had a 101 work for a couple of hours, then the audio stopped. Since I didn't even have sound when I selected tuner and expected to hear something when I was off-channel, I thought the TV had failed, but when I moved that TV to another box, it worked. I was told that the box may have finished updating and reverted to an audio setting that isn't compatible with the TV, in the PCM/Bitstream, etc choice. I got a replacement, but if this will be an ongoing thing, I may have to refuse to work with that crap.

They're not letting me get Cisco boxes.

I was also told, by several people who work for Spectrum, that they weren't prepared for a company as large as Time Warner when they bought it.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse