Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday December 12, 2018 at 20:53
MNTommyBoy
November 2010
I had an interesting text conversation with someone the other day...

"Hi ! We got your info on nextdoor. We live in Woodbury (my city). We already purchased a wireless "theater" system and would like to know how much to set up? Thanks, Stevie."

So, the text for pricing is always interesting, especially this time of year. "Wireless theater", great, sure. But I take the high road, just in case it's legit, nextdoor, yada yada.

I text back "Do you have a brand and model?"

They reply with two pics. One of a Locus L300 LED projector. The second of a Kamron KA-9 HD Home theater system.

Sad really, SMH. But, I take the high road again "I probably wouldn't take that on. I've never even heard of those brands" They reply "Understandable... thank you!"

Naturally, I looked up up the gear before I texted, total white van stuff. From the sound of it, I'm guessing they got scammed and don't know it yet. Or, small percent they were trying to eventually scam me, at install maybe? That's a pretty long play for a scam though.

Either way, Happy Holidays!
"There's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens." ~MacGruber

Hosting Services by ipHouse