The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Wednesday December 5, 2018 at 15:14
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On December 4, 2018 at 22:39, Fins said...
For what a door stop? That analog TV doesn’t pick shit up any more

I've got a client in BelAir, at the top of a ridge, whose antenna system picks up analog channel 5 in Big Bear, CA, about 100 miles away. There's a static picture -- that is, there's a picture, and it doesn't move, but also there's a lot of static on it -- and the sound is essentially a radio channel. I have no idea whose idea this was, or what people in Big Bear use to tune it in. But hey....

On December 5, 2018 at 07:40, buzz said...
Dealing with the "cap" will become more common with all ISP's as we push video to the net rather than OTA or cable. Net traffic is expanding exponentially. Unless the cost for supporting this traffic also decreases exponentially, something must give. Now that net neutrality is history, ISP's can offer incentives for certain traffic.

At least ten years ago I started wondering what kind of service we would have when the internet got full. It was surely not invented for video streaming, and the increase in resolution has only made things harder. What will replace the internet? When? (Talk about a disruptive product....!)

Internet be like
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse