Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Tuesday December 4, 2018 at 22:02
Brett Bjorkquist
Long Time Member
March 2018
Hey Buzz,

Brett over at Logitech here. I thought we got all the remotes out after CEDIA, apologies if it didn't get out to you. I'll DM you in a minute to get your details, and get one out to you this week.

Appreciate your comments on the presentation though. I've refined it further recently as we continue to get feedback from dealers.

As Buzz mentioned, the growth in the low/mid-end market is dramatically faster than any other section, and the level of control possible with a Harmony remote now is far and away better than anything in the past. The goal is to create quick easy to install solutions for dealers looking to do the same for their clients. For most dealers looking to grow their business, having the ability to create efficiencies that allows the business to scale and better manage things like labor rates, returns, and truck rolls, is just a different way than many dealers have classically looked at their business. Opening up a market that is exponentially larger than the high-end, and has a client base looking and willing to pay for expertise allows the dealer to continue offering their current C4, Creston, and other high-end solutions, while having a solution strategy for those not willing to spend as much, but still want help. Those customers may grow with you later, and in the meantime, those jobs help to level out what can sometimes be a cyclical CI business model.

Just to add in a bit of perspective, Harmony Hub based remotes, control over 2.4 million lights, 500k Sonos devices, and have over 500k voice integrations. Most integrators are still thinking about IR only remotes getting out of sync because they are controlling toggle only devices, which just isn't the case now as technology has changed (Plus we're talking about $400 Pro remotes, not an IR based 650, which is still a great workhorse IR only model). I control 40 Lutron Ra2Select lights, 10-12 zones of audio, a surround receivers, and have thermostat control and voice control in my home. I agree the app can use some work, and once we launch our new dealer portal this month, that is likely one of our next projects. Did I mention the dealer portal where a dealer can manage all of his clients, and program off-site without rolling a truck if the client wants to update any of their programming (maybe add a new favorite channel, or a new scene for the holidays)

As always, anyone is welcome to reach out if they have any questions. I started in the industry about 18 years ago at Goodguys, working on Prontos and Mits Diamond rear projection TVs so I've seen the changes in the industry, and just want to help continue to grow it with some new opportunities.

Have a great evening everyone, appreciate the time. Buzz, I'll message you in a minute.

Brett Bjorkquist
Head of CI/Pro Services
Logitech
[email protected]
Brett Bjorkquist
Logitech - CI/Pro Channel
[email protected]

Hosting Services by ipHouse