The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Tuesday December 4, 2018 at 08:44
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On December 3, 2018 at 22:49, Craig Aguiar-Winter said...
My dad lives in BC. I’m in Ontario. Years ago he bought a 60” pioneer, sound bar, BD player and Harmony remote from Future Shop (now gone after being purchased by Best Buy).

A year or so later I’m out for a visit and the BD player won’t work. No picture. I have a look and buddy had cocked up the install so bad I couldn’t believe it. Power cord through the wall. No trim plate in the top hole. In the bottom was an existing cable wall plate. He had used some kind of snips to make that that small hole into an irregular jagged thing about inch across, and cut the corner of the plate so the two HDMIs, power cord, and cable jack could squish through little hole. This hack had sawed through the monster cable HDMI they sold him.

I contacted a branch of A&! in Burnaby and got him all set up properly.

I think he paid about $600 for this work. I was embarrassed for the industry.

Craig.

I looked a job a few years back in which they installed a surround sound system.  They sold them on-wall speakers and speaker mounts.  The mounts were at least 6" in depth. so the back of the speakers were at least 6" off the wall.  They had minimum 1.5" holes in the wall with no plates or anything for the speaker wire to come through, not hidden by the mounts.  The mounts themselves were struggling to hold the weight of the speakers and were all tilting downwards.  You get what you pay for, and the people were too cheap to fix it even though they had me there cause it looked like sh1t

Hosting Services by ipHouse