The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 39 made on Saturday December 1, 2018 at 12:24
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
A long time ago you used your key to enter your home and thermostats where fixed and you set the temp and forgot about them. The only thing controllable was the TV and a bit later cable box, VCR, DVD…. You had the remotes that came with tem you had inexpensive universal remotes and you had better more expensive control solutions. The tech might have changed, the options might have changed, what can be done might have changed, but the reality has not. Three options for consumers
1) do nothing and live with the mess (learn how to do everything using "native" controles
2) go with a low end diy solution that are much simpler then #1 to use (if you do it right) and less expensive then option #3
3) go with a professional well integrated solution that is easy to use.

I don't think that reality will ever change

IMO, the days of big, involved home automation systems in all but ultra high end residential are drawing to a close.

but wasn't that always the case? AMX was started in 82 back then as a kid we (and everyone else I knew) lived with the default remotes. Years later when I got my first job I went and bought a universal remote at radioshack, I had no idea stuff like AMX even existed

Hosting Services by ipHouse