Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Friday November 30, 2018 at 17:07
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
highfigh has hit it on the head!

On November 30, 2018 at 02:56, Brad Humphrey said...
...I can say it is absolutely more than the 30-45 watts speculated in this thread.
...It sounds to have about the same power as the old SONOS Connect:Amp (@55watts per channel). So probably close to that.

Yup. But power and relative perceived sound levels are screwy. I wrote my usual term paper just now but here are the highlights. Newbies might want to look into the numbers at the two websites linked below.

The difference between 50 watts and a hundred watts is a bit more than the slightest increase in volume we perceive! Perceived doubling volume is about a tenfold increase in power! Exclamation points, because this doesn't sound like it makes sense.

I will quote one number: A spec of, say, 100 watts plus or minus 1 dB (ONE, yes ONLY ONE DECIBEL) is 74 to 126 watts!

Look at [Link: sengpielaudio.com] and plug in some numbers. Read [Link: sounddeadsteel.com]
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse