The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 31 made on Thursday November 29, 2018 at 09:48
BrettLee3232
Long Time Member
December 2009
Damn I was hoping I wouldn’t be the first one to say Ryobi lol. That being said I switched to Ryobi back in 2011 from the old 18v DeWalt. I was sick and tired of shelling out big bucks for name brand tools that would break. I made the switch to Ryobi because I was at the Depot getting a new drill when i saw a plumber picking up a 6 tool ryobi set for the same cost as my 1 drill DeWalt. I asked how he liked it & he said “once they switched to the green tools they’ve been great. Not as powerful as the big brands but you can drill a lot of holes for half the cost of the big brands.” So I made the leap to the Green Machine. I was extremely happy with the way it performed. Started to build up my collection for work tools and around the house tools. Only reason I’ve bought new drills is because I wanted brushless. The new 6.0ah & 9.0ah batteries are tanks!!!!

In the process of converting everything to brushless but in all honesty I do not need a brushless grinder.... but I want one!

They always have free tool deals or free battery deals etc. I just bought a “bag” kit for $260 & got 2 batteries, charger, brushless drill, brushless impact, brushless sawzall & impact wrench.

I haven’t used Makita, Ridgid or Milwaukee but i know they perform well & I love The Milwaukee cordless hole hawg. I wish Ryobi would come out with one.

My dad is an electrician & he uses the 20v DeWalt & he really likes it but doesn’t like the cost.

It just depends on how big your ego is & how much you want to spend on tools. I have no issues sporting Ryobi at the job site. I still get trades ask about my 6 battery charger that they’ve never seen one before & it’s awesome hahaha.

Ryobi is geared toward DIY but the last couple years the tools have been pro worthy. Just my .2cents
Knowing that Gold went up a few K makes me think "well now I have to do a better job on selling more equipment".

-Me... Jan. 2014

Hosting Services by ipHouse