The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Wednesday November 28, 2018 at 08:45
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Thanks, David. At this point I'm mostly fascinated with the lengths people are going to for information that avoids answering the exact question.

For instance:
On November 27, 2018 at 23:38, King of typos said...
I told Brian...

Two wall switches and one load...

See? RIGHT THERE! This was THE MOMENT to mention THE MODEL NUMBER I GAVE YOU.

King, this makes it look like when you have a question about a detail on a product, you call the manufacturer, you tell them what your technical issue is, then you hope and pray they just happen to discuss the exact model you want to know about. (As for me, I think you'd name the product, but I'm left wondering why you didn't do that in this case.)

Cue Maxwell Smart saying "you came this close."

He said that Lutron does not have anything like that.

At which point you objected and said "it looks like this product should do it. How about this?" Then you'd follow up with questions and actually discuss the thing.

Maybe the part that switches is a triac and you're not prepared to ask whether there's some problem if, say, the input and output of a triac are both hot at equal potential while the gate is low. (I'm trying to remember just how triacs work.)

Was that too harsh?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse