The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Wednesday November 28, 2018 at 08:40
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
I bought a Milwaukee 18V NiCd hammer drill in early 2005 and because I didn't chuck a few drill bits correctly, I damaged the carbide inserts in the chuck. When I went to their service center (it's great living in the homeland) and got the bad news about the cost of a new one, but bought another drill when I saw that they had wire racks filled with the same model, batteries, chargers, cases and handles. I smoked a set of brushes in the first one because I was drilling through masonry with a 3/4" bit when I should have used a rotary hammer, dropped it several times and the chuck is the only other part that it needed- I bought a Jacobs chuck for $10. The second drill has needed no service, whatsoever. That one fell from the top of a 12' A-frame ladder onto a concrete floor and only the bit holder bent- the drill is still working fine. The only thing I have had to do is replace batteries and I use this thing for just about everything. Yeah, it's heavy with the NiCd batteries, but that keeps people from wanting to use or steal it.

I see a lot of Makita impact drivers on jobs, but I also see a lot of Masterforce, which are sold at Menard's. A friend has a small 12V impact driver and loves it.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse