Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Saturday November 24, 2018 at 21:25
davidcasemore
January 2003
On November 24, 2018 at 18:01, Ernie Gilman said...

Why not use a different product? Because we already have a pair of Lutron Maestro MS-OPS2H and a couple of 4 ft fluorescents (I hadn’t even thought about that!). Now I need to go look up 2 A ballasts....

First, I'd pay no attention to the three links from KOT because:

- Two of them are DYI sites (what could go wrong?)
- The other one from the Lutron forum has an answer which doesn't understand the question! In his wording he is describing powering the 2nd occ sensor from the output of the first one. That's not what we're talking about. I think I'll log into the Lutron forum and explain the wiring and then ask what would happen.

On Lutron's web site there is this FAQ (multi location control):

[Link: lutron.com]

But it doesn't say why you can't.

The model you have is the one without a neutral but does require a ground wire to work. This is because the electronics of the sensor needs a return path. This is not allowed in the NEC because it puts current flowing on the equipment grounding conductor. Magically, the manufacturers found a way to persuade UL to make a listed product which doesn't need a neutral. It still violates the intent of the electrical code but if you're a rich corporation there's always a work-around!
Fins: Still Slamming' His Trunk on pilgrim's Small Weenie - One Trunk at a Time!

Hosting Services by ipHouse