The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Sunday November 18, 2018 at 10:10
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On November 17, 2018 at 12:55, Mac Burks (39) said...
IMO you have to have an ipad in this industry whether you like it or not. Every app that exists comes in iOS form. My ipad 3 only ever gets used at jobsites. I have no personal want/need for it because my smart phone handles almost everything and my laptop or desktop picks up where it leaves off.

Go with the wi-fi only 9.7" $329 ipad. All of our phones are hotspots now so its not important to get one with mobile provider built in. If you only use it for work and keep a case on it you shouldn't have to buy a new one for 3 or 4 years.

Do you use yours to generate invoices for one-stop jobs (do you do one-stop jobs?), or to modify invoices when something on a project has changed? I'd like to be able to do that when I'm out, so I don't need to drag the laptop out or do so much admin after I return from the jobs.

I have customers and know others who have an almost visceral hatred of anything with 'Apple' on it and I know some who hate Android.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse