The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday November 17, 2018 at 10:05
tomciara
Loyal Member
May 2002
Client has had a working Sonos system for nearly 5 years. The house was fed with the Comcast gateway plus a Pico WAP at the other end of the house.

Their tech guys were doing some work at their office, and upon mention that the Internet was slow at home, came to the house and installed three Cisco WAPs. They appear to be MR-33 or similar.

Client can web browse all over the house, but cannot access Sonos. The Comcast gateway is still acting as the router, only feeding a POE switch. Sonos says that "the system cannot be found". Just for test, I grabbed a Sonos boost from the truck, in case their old bridge had failed. I plugged in the boost, and could not see it either. I have concluded there must be something crazy going on with the Cisco units.

I am not completely confident of the tech guys, since they left the Comcast radio on. Client can login to it and see his Sonos. You would think it's on a different set of IP addresses, but with only a POE switch, how can it be, and the WAPs still get out to the internet?

His tech guys want me to climb into the attic today so we can hardwire the Sonos amplifiers to their switch. I don't think that is going to fix it, since we still have to go through their Cisco pieces.

Is there some checkbox that they forgot to check, or some config that they did incorrectly with their Wi-Fi set up?
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse