The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday November 2, 2018 at 16:27
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
That's a good observation. I thought of that.

So I wrote "from Facebook." I haven't ever heard of any connection between Portal the supplier and Portal the Facebook product. I also have never seen anyone write Portal+, so I figured when I wrote Portal and Portal+, that would cover it, and when I added "from Facebook," that would double cover it.

When I think a detail is missing I ask about it, and you think it was obvious, please remember this moment when all the information you needed was right there in the title and, apparently as many as 99.9999% of you* thought it did not mean "Portal and Portal+ from Facebook." That's EXACTLY, only, and all of what it meant.

I didn't do this as a test. I just wanted to know what you guys knew about these things. So can we just answer with that from here on in?

*It was probably more like 10%, with the others thinking "what's he talking about?" KOT actually named himself after his inability to write a sentence, but a) he communicates and b) he got it. jrainey got it, too. So did Brad.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse