The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday November 2, 2018 at 14:20
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On November 1, 2018 at 21:35, Brad Humphrey said...
I love how Ernie trolls people all the time, pretending to not know what they are talking about when it is very clear. Because they left some small detail out.

Considering that's how you feel, it's sort of interesting what you say next. I honestly don't get what's being discussed some times. How is it okay for you to wonder what the hell I'm talking about, though I exactly identified the product by name in the threat title, but it's not okay for me not to get what's being talked about when identifying details are missing?

Okay, so you don't know what it is. I asked what you knew. I didn't ask anybody to look up anything. If you're going to respond to the subject, your choices seem to have been "I don't know anything about it" or simply no response at all.

Beyond that, I want us to be better at what we're doing, so yeah, I'm lobbying for us to be clear what we're asking and talking about.

But then he makes a post like this - have no clue what the hell he is talking about, no info, no link. But it is OK because he is Ernie.

When I state in the thread title EXACTLY what I'm talking about -- the Portal and Portal+ from Facebook -- I've done something wrong because you don't know what it is? Oddly, when I don't know what you guys are being less clear than that, I've done something wrong. We should all stand back and just assume that what we think is totally clear is NOT totally clear to everyone! And we should be open to questions about the subject.

I started this thread after seeing a TV ad. I decided to ask you guys for your knowledge of the product, not for whether you've heard of it before, nor even for where to look it up. I saw the possibility of this thread becoming a source of info on the products that might be helpful or a thorn in our sides.
Nice.

Well, thanks for that. Yeah, yeah, I know it's sarcasm.
[edit]:
After taking a few minutes searching, I found out what the topic is.
[Link: portal.facebook.com]

Yup. Like I said. But, see, I was not asking you to look it up. I asked what you knew about it.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse