The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Wednesday October 31, 2018 at 15:13
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On October 31, 2018 at 14:48, Mac Burks (39) said...
I made a huge leap of faith.

I assumed that if someone techy posts on a techy board about an outlet near a sink that other techy types would get what i was posting about.

Everything I saw and everything you described looked either totally okay. Or it was so wrong to have an outlet so near a sink that you wouldn't be asking about it.
Like if i posted a photo of a speaker with the negative marked conductor connected to the positive marked connector on the speaker. I feel like i can just say "looks like someone wired this wrong"

But you didn't say anything at all parallel to "looks like someone wired this wrong." You did not state anything that means "wrong" and identifies the category.

Title should have maybe said "half safe" instead of "kind of safe"?

Probably. Truth is, the first thing I thought of, especially when you said it was in a hotel room, was the kind of safe that's a locked container for valuables. And that you were referring to some "kind of safe," like keyed versus combination....

My title about safety made you think about aesthetics?

It was not obvious that the title was about safety. I was wondering if this was a "kind of safe" that you found in a hotel -- an inwall safe masquerading as an outlet.

Once the thought was about a safe in the wall, and you hadn't actually asked if this was a safe way to do things, all bets were off as to what the hell you were talking about. The mind reeled. And those were some of the things it reeled in.

Lemme go all the way and mention Arrid deodorant:
During the 1940s and '50s, its famous slogan was "Don't be half-safe—use Arrid to be sure", which gave rise to Half-Safe, the name of the amphibious vehicle which Ben Carlin used to circumnavigate the world in the mid 20th century.

So, yeah, the lack of pinning down the subject did let different thoughts arise.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse