The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Monday October 29, 2018 at 09:24
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On October 29, 2018 at 01:34, Ernie Gilman said...
Bay-lun. Originally (in my life) a transformer meant to adapt a BALanced antenna signal to an UNbalanced antenna cable. Bal. Un. Balun. Not Baylun.

It wasn't only your life.
And those stupid little things that have a BNC on one end, and two screw terminals on the other end, where there's just a wire connection between the ground of the BNC and one screw, and a wire connection between the hot of the BNC and the other screw... THOSE ARE NOT BALUNS. Those are adaptors.

They can be a balun- if you ooen one, it may have a small ferrite ring with thin wires wrapped around it, just like a splitter or drop tap.

HDMI on one wire. THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE. HDMI IS A SPEC WITH MANY WIRES. If it's on one wire, it can't be HDMI. It can be any brand of HD you want to define, if you can get it to work, but it can't be HDMI unless it has HDMI connectors on both ends, and, what is it, 19 ? wires in the cable.

They don't know the difference between 'cable' and wire'.

I believe Oinkyo had a few models where the front was flat when it was powered off. Power it on and a transparent plastic piece that filled in all the spaces between the knobs would retract so that the buttons stuck out. These were called the suck-face models.

That was Luxman.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse