The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Tuesday October 2, 2018 at 07:45
buzz
May 2003
rguy1,

Like many others here, as soon as I see that “Bose” word my blood pressure goes up and logic starts shutting down. My first impulse is to get nasty. On rereading your post, I see that you are only considering an attempt to reuse the Bose speakers. I don’t recommend this. Also, be sure to check the current wiring. Are the speakers wired to the controls or directly wired to the Bose amplifier? If you decide to use in-wall Volume controls, will the current wiring support this?

The current trend is to lean heavily on networked music either playing from local storage or an online service. Since the mid 200x’s we’ve only sold one CD player and it was only used on day one in order to kick the tires. We do have requests from older users to hookup an existing CD player because it is comforting, but it is only used on day one. If you setup the ROTEL as a two channel system don’t keep it isolated, install an accessory to bring networked music to the ROTEL. We
like SONOS. In this context a CONNECT would be used to bring network music to the analog system, but all of the competing products have a similar accessory.

Hosting Services by ipHouse