The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday September 28, 2018 at 10:58
Barry Gordon
Founding Member
August 2001
I have a fire TV, Fire TV cube and a nVidia Shield. I have been working diligently to eliminate IR control from my Home Theater. The Theater is controlled by a very small PC (Asrock Beebox) which gets its commands from a Pronto PRO 9800. The PC controls all the devices in the theater, theater lighting, theater doors, theater shades, theater HVAC. The only thing left under IR control is a Cisco Settop Box which I think I will eliminate shortly as I hardly use it

Controlling the Android based steamers (Fire TV et. al. and Shield) was a challenge until I found the IRUSB by Video-Storm.com. The unique thing about the IRUSB is that it will take commands through its IR Receiver (obviously), AND it will also obey TCP/IP commands if it connects to a device with a network (LAN) connection All streamers require some sort of network connection. The device is a dongle with a USB plug at one end and an IR receiver at the other. Full details can be found at the Video-Storm.com site.

I issue the TCP commands from the PC but It would not be a problem to issue them from a Pronto PRO using Prontoscript. After all, the PC gets its commands from the Pronto PRO over TCP.

I only use the same commands as provided on the devices respective remote, but the IRUSB will handle all android IR commands that are implemented by the target device. The response is as fast as using the device's remote directly.

Hosting Services by ipHouse