The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Monday September 24, 2018 at 08:55
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On September 23, 2018 at 11:39, james_aa said...
Ive got a setup with 8 zones of distributed audio from an amplifier, plus 1 zone of optical out from the same amplifier to a soundbar.

The amplifier allows me to set a delay on any / all of the zones inc the optical out zone.

The problem ive got is setting the delay to the correct setting. At the moment ive got all the amplified zones delayed by 20ms, but it still sounds a little off and no matter how i adjust it, its never perfect.

Is there a best practice / workflow for working out the delay ? Ive been trying to do it by ear, and can get it 90% but it always seems a little off ?

You'll never get it to time-align if you're in one zones and can hear more than one other unless you only want to do that for one zone. Every time you move to another zone, the alignment goes away and the only way to make this a non-issue is to prevent each zone's sound reaching the others.

If you really want to come close, download an oscilloscope app for your phone and record a click track to another source like another phone or a computer. Play the track in both zones and delay the one that's closest- you'll see when they align.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse