The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Monday September 17, 2018 at 13:21
imt
Long Time Member
June 2007
Thanks Brad. I understood what you are saying and was my thought exactly. Yes daisy chaining.

Ernie,

What Brad was saying is that lets say there is one 4 conductor wire home run from each detector to the panel. For argument sake there are 4 color wires: red, black, green and white.

The white and green are used for the circuit, at the alarm panel terminal, for 2-wire smokes. The smokes have 2 sets of terminals. In and out. The In terminals gets the green and white wires,. The out's get the red and black. Those run back to the panel which then connect to one pair of green and white wires running to another smoke's input terminals. The Output terminal again get connected to the red and black and connect to another set of white and green, etc.

On the last detector only the white and green are used to the input and the EOL resistor is put across the output terminals. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

If this was using something like the System Sensor 2-wire smokes with the Module, you could have connected the last set of red and black to the output of the last smoke's terminal and connected them to the optional loop connection terminals.

Hosting Services by ipHouse