The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 387 made on Thursday January 23, 2014 at 13:36
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On January 12, 2014 at 11:35, wynbnt said...
I am Wayne. I am an installer/integrator in Alabama. I use HAI for Automation, and hang TV's . My comfort level is around the 5000. mark though I have done
50K jobs pre & finish. Been working with a friend on Para & Quadriplegic whole house control. Pre wiring an 8000 sq foot house now. Does $1.00 a square foot get in the ball park for a prewire including all cables and 12/14 ga wire with all systems installed?
Have done access control, security, Audio/ video in residential and some commercial. Love to talk shop although I am no expert. Please be nice. It is a choice.

I think that a square foot price for a full installed/wired/programmed system is more like $25 at the low end and $100 for a top end system. This includes wire/labor/parts/programming.

So for 8000 square foot you are looking at $200,000 for a basic AV/Automation system. Or $800,000 for a full boat system.

The differences would be quality of speakers, number of video zones and whether or not you want a distributed HDMI system vs local TV's in a few rooms. Do you want lights and thermostats only or do you want shades, pool, irrigation etc? Will you be using iPads in every room or do you want an in-wall touchpanel and/or a hand held remote? Fixed mounts for the TVs or motorized lifts?

If the client throws in a theater you could be looking at another $5 to 10 per square foot.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse