The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 377 made on Monday September 23, 2013 at 19:16
Pukin
Long Time Member
September 2013
 Hello everyone. I want to introduce myself. I am a Crestron and AMX programmer. I have been in the industry since 2005 when I graduated from college. Funnily enough I went to Savannah of College of Art & Design for a computer Art degree. This was just before SCAD created more specific degree titles. I focused on interactive design.
So there I was looking for a job and I was having a difficult time until my cousin who is a sales person for Audio Visual Innovations told me about programming touch panels to control AV systems. I thought it sounded cool but came from the world of flash, director, Houdini and Visual Basic.

When I went in for the interview with who was to be my first boss I was asked if I nought I could handle Crestron. My response was a simple cres... What? I told him I knew nothing but that I learned fast. He looked at a 3d interactive demo I had made using vb .net 2002 and 3d studio max and took me to the programming manager.

The programming manager was working on a Crestron program and they stopped to show me. I saw that there was blocks for and and or statements and I immediately realized that Crestron was a flow chart style control app. He had mentioned that he was having problems with some logic not flowing properly and I was able to help him fix it in a couple of minutes. That got me the job that started it all

Now I do AMX and Crestron programming jobs for my current employer.

This year I had started to get bored doing the same jobs over and over and I sought out to do a challenge on the side between the bread and butter. I wanted to see if I could program my own AV system. I picked the android platform to work from and put together a app I call Universal AV. It has been very exciting and challenging programming it. I don't know that I will ever be done working on Universal AV because I am always thinking up more things I want to do with it.

If anyone has any programming questions about AMX or Crestron I will try to be a resource here to help. Anyways thanks for taking the time to read this. :)

Hosting Services by ipHouse