The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 270 made on Thursday December 23, 2010 at 03:41
UTSdigitalslop
Long Time Member
December 2010
Long time reader, my name is Steve, just joined so I can post lol I've been reading these forums off and on for a couple years and I never though to post. As most people I know I had no clue with what I wanted to do with myself, went to school for computer programming and hated it once I finished back in 95. I always helped people with hooking up their electronics from car decks to home systems but who knew you could make money. I'm 35, married with 3 children and have a company that I started 5 years ago as a part time endeavor and now its turned into a full time focus. Worked my butt of to get direct dealer lines and was shunned many a time for a lack of showroom damn ingrates! Now I have some great people I work with on projects and am looking forward to doing my first full on themed theater. Some people that post here have really helped so much with their posts on subject matter that matters to me and I thank them for that, don't want to say names for fear of tripping the gaydar haha.

My very first custom install was condo with a 50+ samsung LCD TV, 3 inwall speakers concealed, AC concealed, a russound IR inwall receiver kit (terminated to a phone jack for looks and made a break out cable from the block to be plugged into the jack. Drywall repair, paint, install 2nd TV in bedroom with a 18 foot concealed RGB+HDMI+cat5e to another spot in the room + relocated services, I spent 3.5 days working on this thanks to the drywall and painting nonsense. I charged 900.00 including materials and the IR kit because I made a set price in the beginning and grossly underestimated my time and did not stipulate certain things like the drywall and paint. The end result was picture perfect, the client was stupified and very happy, I was to but so angry with myself and I knew I lost money, I never made that mistake again.
I like to think of Jesus as an Ice Dancer, dressed in an all-white jumpsuit, and doing an interpretive dance of my life.

Hosting Services by ipHouse